Monday 24 December 2012

We survived 6 months!

Yesterday marked our fabulous trio's 6 month birthday, it was also one year to the day that we found out we were expecting a new addition to the family.  Yesterday afternoon was a stinking hot day and as is our annual tradition on the 23rd of December each year our town has a very cute Christmas pageant in the evening.  So the family gathered here for a barbecue before heading down the street for the celebrations.  Oliver was very excited as he got to ride on one of the fire trucks with Mr TAN and had a lovely time riding the fire truck and waving to all his friends that he knew, although by the end he was exhausted.  The rest of us watched on and the trio were very well behaved.

We are ecstatic to have survived the first 6 months as parents of Higher Order Multiples and although our lives have changed very dramatically for the better I now couldn't imagine it any other way.  Our lives have been busier, and we probably don't venture out of the house as much I would probably like but when you see the smiles on those 3 little gorgeous faces it is all well worth it. 

Last night was another major achievement Addison, Spencer and Hudson to celebrate decided to sleep through the night without a peep until 6am.  So with any luck it will become a regular occurrence.  Hudson has now started rolling and Spencer and Addison are not far behind. 

I am also very happy to have reached a huge milestone in that I have now been expressing milk for them for 6 months.  This is such a huge achievement for me, as my original goal had been for the duration of their hospital stay I have well and truly surpassed that now.  One of the benefits I have recently discovered apart from all the health and financial benefits is I get at least 20 minutes of time to sit and do nothing 6 times a day.  So in this time I often make phone calls, Facebook, emails etc but recently I have discovered it is also a great time to read.  In the last 2 weeks I have started (and finished) the first two twilight books and straight after I finish this I will get to start the third. 

Oliver is very excited to be celebrating Christmas this year and is really getting into the spirit of Christmas and we managed to get down for a Santa photo.  So this Christmas is very exciting for us and really has renewed our spirit. 

So on that note on this beautiful Christmas 'silent night' I am going to pour Santa a glass of bubbly and get ready for the next feed. 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all




No comments:

Post a Comment