Tuesday 14 February 2012

12 weeks

I have finally caught up in filling you all in on the events of the past few months.

Well we have made it to 12 weeks and so far so good.  I woke yesterday with an awful cramp along the left side of my bump like I had been doing too many sit ups or something.  But after a quick phone call to my obstetrician and resting with a heat pack it has disappeared.  I assume it has something to do with how quickly my bump and the babies are growing at the moment. 

I can't help but panic every time something doesn't feel right, especially with all these risks we have been told about.  It was at this stage in our last pregnancy that we lost the baby which was one of the most traumatic experiences we have ever faced.  We had seen a healthy baby with a heartbeat just 2 weeks prior and had been told everything was fine.  It took us a long time to recover emotionally from that experience. 

So sorry for all that to be a bit of a downer.  In other news last week I had to see a physio and get fitted for like a large elastic bandage type thing to wear over my bump.  I made a silly decision to google what tummy's look like after a pregnancy with triplets and it's not pretty. 

Another little snipet that I wanted to share with you is this link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23471625/ns/health-health_care/t/woman-gives-birth-identical-triplets/ I found.  It is the only other incidence that I have found of a lady having triplets after a single embryo transfer

So for now the count down is on for our scan on Thursday to check on all 3 babies.  Two weeks seems like such a long time between scans so it will be lovely to see my trio again.  Only 2 more sleeps....

No comments:

Post a Comment