Sunday 12 February 2012

The Scan 16/01/2012

The last few weeks have been a bit of a blur.  Between Christmas and New Year and battling this extreme exhaustion but we are now 8 weeks and Oliver and I are heading off for a scan to see how things are looking.  So we head in and lay down and there is silence

Sonographer: "Are you seeing this?"
Me: "No, is it twins?"
Sonographer: "No, TRIPLETS, and they all have heartbeats"

And then the shock and happy tears set in.  She rushes off to get another sonographer to make sure she isn't seeing things and the doctor.  So after all the compulsory measurements and checks are done we have to go off and see the doctor, still with little Ollie by my side.  I am told I need to arrange another scan and an appointment with my obstetrician within the week.  I am also given a brief low down on the high amount of risks involved in a multiple pregnancy and how I should consider reducing the number of babies to reduce the risks.

So we head off home with my thoughts still racing at a million miles an hour.  As I get home my Mr TAN is in a rush getting ready for work.

Mr TAN: "How did it all go?" 
Me: "Good" showing him the picture.
Mr TAN: "Oh that's nice"
Me: "Look at the picture there are 3.  It's triplets!"

He doesn't have too much to say and continues getting ready for work.  After 30 minutes or so and the initial shock has worn off he comes back inside and gives me a big hug.  He also tells me all about all the information he has found on Google, and the plans he has started making, including how we will fit 4 children into our small 2 bedroom house. 

My mum came up later that morning and we told her our new news.  We told the rest of our immediate family that day as we knew we would need lots of support around us.  Below is the pics we got from that day.  

1 comment:

  1. WOW, Big news for you! CONGRATULATIONS X 3

    Just popping in to say hi, from a fellow blogger/Mamma

    xxx

    ReplyDelete