Sunday 18 March 2012

Boys, boys, boys!

Well as you all know we had a scan 2 days to check the progress or our 3 little cherubs and all is still going well.  They are all still measuring perfectly and getting bigger and more life like every time we see them.  We also got a little glimpse at the gender and as the title suggests it looks as if we are adding 3 more boys to our collection.  We were only clearly able to see Baby A's bits but we are still led to be the babies will be identical.  So for now 3 boys it is unless things change again at our next scan in a little over 2 weeks time. 

I wasn't as nervous this time leading up to the scan, but it did stop me from having a good nights sleep as I dreamt they found a fourth.  Rest assured there are still just the 3.

I will admit though I was a little sad when I found out it was more boys.  As much as I didn't mind what sex the babies are, I have only wanted my 3 little mites to arrive safe and healthy. I have no doubt in my mind that there will be no more children after the triplets are here and I would have loved to have at least 1 daughter.  The saying that always comes to mind is 'a daughter is for life, and sons until they find a wife'.

Please don't take it the wrong way I am incredibly blessed to have been given these amazing blessings and wouldn't change it for the world.  There are lots of wonderful things about having 4 sons like I will never need to change a light bulb, kill a spider, mow the lawn, lift pretty much anything and I am sure they will be amazing. 

I have warned Mr TAN though that as the boys get a bit older he will need to take them on lots of fishing/ camping trips so I can unwind and have lots of girly time. 

The modifications we are needing to make at home are happening very slowly but I am sure we will get there just in the nick of time, with a few working bees and help of family and friends. 

On a final note this picture was taken a few days ago at 16weeks and 4 days.  It feels like it is growing by the minute and I can feel my skin stretching already.  People are already beginning to ask when the baby is due.


No comments:

Post a Comment