Saturday 10 March 2012

Standards

One thing that I have really had to work hard on changing is my standards and ideals that I have of myself. 

One example is the standards I have of myself as a mother.  Our son is watching a lot more television than I have ever let him before, but it keeps him happy and it means I can put my feet up.  I also have been neglecting his fun activities like trips to the park and fun outings to play cafes.  I am not able to chase him around these places anymore not climb the steps and go down the slides.  What I have been able to do is go and visit various friends with children so he can play there and is happy for a while, so I can put my feet up and have a cup of tea.  Where I have been lacking, thankfully we have lots of help from very willing grandparents who are able to do more of the fun things.

Another standard that I have really had to let slide is the housework.  I am managing the bare minimum but thankfully my lovely in laws have offered to pay for a cleaner to come in once a week for 2 hours.  She is an absolute angel and that little bit of help is going along way.  I try to visit friends for the start when she arrives and then when the noisy stuff is all done, Oliver and I return home and have a sleep.  By the time we wake up the cleaning fairy has done her magic and everything is shiny and smelling clean. 

All of my other slack is being picked up by poor Mr TAN even though he already has so much on his plate.  Today he spent the day emptying out our large walk in pantry (which I think has a better range than most supermarkets) so we could knock out a door as part of our make room for all the babies plan.  So know we need to find homes for all the food that is covering our bench tops, floors and kitchen table. 

But one thing I am slowly trying to improve on is my organisational skills.  Since we found out we are going to be welcoming 3 new babies into this world and supermarkets do not have the facilities to take 3 infants shopping I have started to menu plan.  It is working surprisingly well.  I have always put it off due to me being a vegetarian and everyone else being the complete opposite but so far so good.  I do believe though, at least in the early days that I will be relying on on line grocery shopping or some willing baby sitters to get any shopping done.

No comments:

Post a Comment